Like bake you a 10lb bag of chocolate chip cookies. And offer to run you a bath whenever you come over for tea. AND offer to do your laundry... I would have appreciated all these things JUST AS MUCH before vandwelling, but I continue to let people think I'm pathetic in order to take advantage of their incredible-ness.
Things you will need to live in a van:
- a van*
* negotiable, same experience can be had with a similar item
Things I've found useful to live in a van:
- baby wipes (for non-showers)
- more blankets than you brought
- a live cat AND a stuffed cat (for when you and the live cat are fighting)
- bungee cords (for innumerable things)
- portable propane mr. buddy heater with low oxygen sensor
- a network of couches to sleep on should you hate it
- a spare key for when the live cat locks you out of the van by walking on the autolock buttons during your fight over the vacuuming you just did
I'm sure this list will be added to over the course of this experience. And hey, it's been over a week and still no regrets... So that's something, right?
|Orange glow, bottom right? The heater.|